Brainspotting, Spirituality & Intuition (BSI)
February 16 - February 18, 2024
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Cherie Lindberg Heather Corbet
Online via Zoom
Brainspotting is a brain-based therapy based on the hypothesis that specific eye positions designated as "brainspots" activate and access specific areas of the midbrain. The midbrain is the seat of creativity, spirituality and where the self resides. By reprocessing and releasing core neurophysiological reactions from trauma, our true nature starts to be recognized again. This opens up attendees to their personal power, spirituality, and opens gateways to creativity as they begin to trust their intuition once again.
This Brainspotting Spirituality & Intuition training is designed for Advanced Brainspotting Practitioners to assist attendees and their clients in accessing more meaning and purpose through deepening their intuition, creativity and their personal worldview of spirituality.
Through the lens of the Neuroexperiential Model attendees of this training will explore their own individual psyche which is defined by the ancient greeks as breath, spirit or soul. This exploration enhances and expands the practitioners ability to witness and hold compassionate space for their clients. In the words of Dr. David Grand, “The bottom-up neuroexperiential starts with the nervous system in the body and rises towards conscious awareness and being.”
Attendees will learn and practice various ways of exploring their spirituality, intuition and creativity. Students will leave having many creative ideas on how to support and explore meaning and purposeful living with their clients. The focus will be on deep attunement among participants while exploring through the “uncertainty principle” and staying in the “tail of the comet”.
Seminar Learning Objectives
Through lecture, live demonstration and small group practice participants will learn to do the following:
- Describe and explain how to utilize advanced frame set-ups to access subcortical processes that deepen intuition, cultivate creativity and expansive spiritual experiences.
- Describe & explain the Neuroexperiential Model of Brainspotting and its terms: uncertainty, frame set-ups, attunement, presence, body awareness, neurobiology, relevant eye positions, focused mindfulness, dysregulation to regulation, attachment disruption, developmental trauma and survival/adaptive dissociation.
- Identify blocks to change and transformation.
- Identify body up processes that support the emergence of connecting to an internal paradigm shift.
- Apply techniques to build and explore internal confidence in subcortical processes from the body up that may lead to spiritual experiences, deeper knowing through intuition and creativity.
Registration begins at 8:30 am on the first day.
Training runs from 9 am - 5:30pm CENTRAL STANDARD TIME each day.
Brainspotting Trainer & Consultant, MSE, LPC, NCC
Cherie Lindberg, has been in the helping profession for over 25 years. She is a coach and psychotherapist that uses cutting-edge methods of Brainspotting, & Internal Family Systems (IFS) to accelerate deep healing, and personal development for yourself, your relationships and your clients. Her highly relational approach elevates your breakthrough! She works with a variety of professionals including therapists, bodyworkers, business owners, executives, and couples.
Heather Corbet, Brainspotting Consultant, B.A., MOTR/L
Heather is an Occupational Therapist, Holistic Healer, Brainspotting Consultant and Coach with over 20 years in the human development field. Background & specialties include Sensory processing, Spirituality, Grief and loss, Parts work, Neurodivergence, Highly Sensitive People, Medical Anomalies, Performers, Creatives, Group & family dynamics, Couples, Self-development courses and retreats. Heather enjoys witnessing the deep healing with couples, families, and individuals as they shift into new paradigms and increased connection.
Please see our Cancellation and Refund policy page for details.